The 1st Edible Cities Network Conference
Join the Edible Cities Network for its 1st ever Annual Conference, held live online over two days, 16th & 17th February 2022. Making Cities Edible will bring together leading researchers, policymakers and city administrators, civil society actors, green city activists and entrepreneurs to explore the potentials, challenges and future development of urban food innovation for greener, more liveable and more resilient cities.
With a mixture of keynote addresses, roundtable discussions and chances to discuss and network, the 2-day event will explore the latest findings on the power of urban food innovation to tackle social, ecological and economic challenges within cities – including insights from the EdiCitNet Project’s partner cities – as well as explore the social, technical, ethical, ecological, governance and financial challenges around scaling up sustainable edible nature based solutions (NBS) and anchoring them in current and future urban planning.
Beyond highlighting successes, potentials and next steps for further action, the event also aims to generate guidelines on how to successfully integrate edible NBS in city planning, offering ideas to decision-makers in policy and business and addressing the societal and environmental problems facing our communities and our cities today.
Whether you are a newcomer to the topic of urban food innovation, or a seasoned professional, here are just a few reasons why Making Cities Edible is the event you don’t want to miss. You’ll get the chance to:
- Hear first-hand experiences from expert practitioners in the field of urban farming, community gardening and sustainable food collectives
- Explore recent developments, successes and challenges from the EdiCitNet project’s Living Labs
- Learn about what different cities are doing to integrate edible city policies & strategies into their urban planning
- Discover exciting and successful edible city initiatives from around the world – via the winners of the EdiCitNet Awards!
- Network with other urban food enthusiasts from around the world and build alliances for more resilient urban food futures
Please note that all times for the conference are CET (Central European Time).
Click on the registration link to sign up.