SGRI in collaboration with SLU therefore offers a half-day workshop with lectures and discussion, which is followed by an optional afternoon outdoor study tour of green roofs in Malmö.
Modern green roofs have existed for more than 20 years in Sweden and now it’s time to start benefiting from accumulated experience regarding how they change as they age, and how this affects their functioning. The lectures and discussion focus on the theme: “How do green roofs change over time?”.
Participation is free, but lunch is served at a cost. It is also possible to participate digitally. The day is part of the project “In it for the long-term: How does the provision of ecosystem services from green roofs change as the ecosystems age?”, a Formas-funded research project led by SLU.
- Hybrid Event 08.30 – 12:30
- 08.30 – 10.30 – Presentations
- 10.30 – 11.00 – Coffee
- 11.00 – 12.30 – Workshop
- 12.30 – 13.30 – Lunch
- 13.30 – 16.30 – Voluntary study tour em
- Anne Heino, Stockholmshem – design and care
- Agata Wehlin, Nacka kommun / Naturvårdsverket
- Torben Eg Hoffman, Byggros – nutrient leakage from green roofs
- Tobias Emilsson, SLU – Green roof design and multifunctionality
- Ishi Buffam, SLU – Results from aging green roofs in Malmö and Helsinki
Please note: limited number of places!
It will also be possible to participate digitally via Zoom.